Purpose: To develop sustainable strategies that improve equity and encourages the population of Becker County to make healthy choices.
General Desired Outcomes:
1. Increase access to healthy food choices
Initiatives Include: (see below for more detail)
1. Developing MANNA Food Coop through the promotion of services, and development of a scholarship program to increase access to healthy foods for low-income populations
2. Increasing access to healthy foods for low-income populations by implementing EBT use at the Detroit Lakes Farmers Market
3. Participating in the “One Vegetable One Community” which distributes 750 seed packets across the community at no cost to improve access to healthy foods
Mana Food Coop
Becker County Energize has been extremely supportive in Promoting MANNA and assisting to leverage funds (Thanks to Essentia Health!) that have allowed resources for everyone to take part regardless of economic status to eat Locally Grown good foods! MANNA loves Becker County Energize and the ability to partner together for the benefit of our whole community!
What can people do to help is sign up and become a Member/Owner! Super easy $150 One Time Fee and you are an owner!!!
1) What else people can do to help is Shop Weekly and support our Local Growers and Producers!
2) Spread the Word and Bring someone new with you to shop!!
3) Sign up to be a Volunteer!!
Contact Info is:
MANNA Store 218-844-4211
Here is the link to the Website!
Here is our Facebook Page!